A free social open sourced intranet based on Domino and XPages
| Notes 8 Beta 3 och Sametime
Det är väl ingen hemlighet att Second Life har blivit ett av mina favoritställen att hänga på. igår fick jag lite skvaller om Notes 8 Beta 3 och mer om hur man kan integrera Lotus Sametime med Second Life. läs en del av chattloggen här nedan:
- Oh, Notessidan. We should be having another reception for ND8 Beta 3.
- Target date is 13 June.
- ok, nice , when
- 9am/9pm June 13.
- Current plan is to be a little more focused. With panelists.
- Thoughts are to have one on Calendaring and Scheduling and one on the new Mail experience.
- when will we see beta 3
- Very soon.
- Very very soon. :-)
- hehe, ok I get it
- what is it on your shoulder
- That is projecting Second Life presence back to my Sametime client.
- what does the the presence plugin do
- I also have a HUD that brings Sametime information back to Seoncd Life.
- It's kindof handy. I can tell immediately who here is an IBMer and who is not.
- what kind of info can you see in sametime
- Yes. Whose' been added to the corporate directory.
- It depends on what you collect. For example
- The presence thing push back your name and key.
- Another plugin browses to the Second Life web page and finds ou tyour friend's list. So it can work out if a avatar is your friend.
- Another one pulls down the thumbnails from the Second Life site so it can put pictures up in your sametime client.
- Then there is all the data that sametime has access to.
- I used to have a plugin that went to slprofiles.com and pulled info from there.
- But most people don't fill that out so I dropped it.
- I'm working on how to fast track it to the Sametime Code Exchange site.
- There was an article on Dev Works about creating a SL help desk using Sametime Technology. So everyone is buzzing about it.
- will we see more sametime integrations with second life like the onces you mention on the web some day ?
- I'm working on getting there as fast as I can. :-)
- Also, 90% of it is applicable to Notes 8. So I'll have plugins for Notes 8 as well.
- very nice
- can you also use VoIP with the sametime plugin?
- Well, you can use Sametime VOIP.
- Thta's one of the scenarios. I see someone, I work out they are an IBMer, an then I start a secure VOIP session with them.
- aw nice
- Since all chat in Second Life is unsecure. It's a way to collaborate in SL securely.
- We do it with teleconferences now.
Leave a comment below